She began to speak out and "open my mind". Veuillez réessayerMalheureusement, nous n'avons pas réussi à enregistrer votre vote. Veuillez renouveler votre requête plus tard. I hope books like this come out telling the word about other mysterious sects and practices found in the different religions. Amazon calcule le classement par étoiles d’un produit à l’aide d’un modèle d’apprentissage automatique apprises au lieu de la moyenne des données brutes. Like Disciples of Fortune, it touched an aspect of Judaism many people are hazy about, or even consider mysterious. However, as I understand the author is planning a sequel, she should think about the language otherwise there's a whole section of society who simply won't read this book. I have lent my book to a friend. The series garnered eight Primetime Emmy Award nominations, including Outstanding Limited Series, Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series (Shira Haas), Outstanding Directing for a Limited Se… Veuillez réessayerMalheureusement, nous n'avons pas réussi à enregistrer votre vote. Veuillez réessayerMalheureusement, nous n'avons pas réussi à enregistrer votre vote. Amazing book! In 2010, she departed with her son, leaving her husband and cutting all ties with the Hasidic community.Despite her differences with the Hasidic community, Feldman has said: "I am proud of being Jewish, because I think that's where my indomitable spirit comes from. It is written with passion and portrays the way of life of the Hasidic Satmar community in New York in ways that I did not know before. Unorthodox is a German-American drama web television miniseries that debuted on Netflix on 26 March 2020.

I can relate to the strictness of the religion she grew up with and strict culture of being pious or having to stick to certain rules for men and women. Vos articles vus récemment et vos recommandations en vedette Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots Deborah Feldman was raised in the Satmar Hasidic community in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn, New York. I'm really interested in people, religion, culture and customs and this memoir ticked all the boxes. Veuillez réessayerMalheureusement, nous n'avons pas réussi à enregistrer votre vote. Unfortunately it rings true, and is one of those outstanding debut novels where the author speaks from dreadful personal experience. Rejection of My Hasidic Roots {Full Pages|Full Access} The Hassidic community in Brooklyn in the 21st century, so thoroughly exotic and strange, yet the author- a bold, curious modern woman like me.For a woman, reading it was a bit uncomfortable, all that blame, somehow, in that culture, women are always at fault. As a member of the strictly religious Satmar sect of Hasidic Judaism, Deborah Feldman grew up under a code of … I want to know the "worst" first. Nobody has any right to tell you what to do with your life, nor does anyone have a personal hotline to God, it's all about control. Deborah Feldman, née le 17 août 1986à New-York est une écrivaine américano-allemande vivant à Berlin. Typically, before I buy any book I read the 1-2 star reviews first. I hadn’t then seen the TV series, which I now have, and the book is actually much more hard-hitting. I watched Unorthodox the series and was shocked to learn about this community in New York.

Insightful but uplifting, a great read I have already recommended it to many friends and family I couldn’t put it down I speak German, so some of the language was easy to translate. I did further research after reading this novel, so I applaud it for piquing my curiosity. Author : Deborah Feldman Pages : pages Publisher : Simon &Schuster Audio. Le modèle d’apprentissage automatique tient compte de différents facteurs, comme : l’ancienneté d’un commentaire, les votes d’utilité des clients et si les commentaires proviennent d’achats vérifiés.Malheureusement, nous n'avons pas réussi à enregistrer votre vote. I bought the book immediately after watching the 4 part series. Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of. I absolutely loved this book, I couldn't put it down. The first Netflix series to be primarily in Yiddish, it is inspired by Deborah Feldman's 2012 autobiography, Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots. In 2006, she and her husband moved out of Williamsburg, and, telling her husband she wanted to take business courses to supplement their income, she began to study literature at Once in school, she "made a beeline" for a college degree to connect with the outside world. Deborah Feldman, 33, whose book “Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots” was made this year into a Netflix series, said her former … Perhaps this was done on purpose with a view to a sequel! It also gives one a better understanding of Hasidim Judaism not only in America, but in Israel and Eastern Europe where it originated. It's beautifully written and so sincerely tells the story of a girl developing into a woman, in a restrictive world.

Veuillez réessayerMalheureusement, nous n'avons pas réussi à enregistrer votre vote. Vos articles vus récemment et vos recommandations en vedette Pour sortir de ce carrousel, utilisez votre touche de raccourci d'en-tête pour accéder à l'en-tête suivant ou précédent.Cette fonction d'achat continuera à charger des articles lorsque la touche Entrée est enfoncée. Une erreur est survenue. This book might not be considered by some people as a masterpiece, but it certainly is the best I have read so far on the subject. Retrouvez Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots et des millions de livres en stock sur Amazon.fr. A very gripping biography giving an insight into a hidden community. Deborah Feldman is an American-German writer living in Berlin, Germany.