Additionally, the Pixar film “Out,” which launched on Disney Plus had a gay lead character.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, The company did not immediately respond to Fox News' request for comment.Disney has had a few openly LGBTQ characters, but they’ve primarily only been in minor roles.“Onward” showcased the character Officer Spector, voiced by Lena Waithe, who identified as a lesbian. Check out what's clicking today in entertainment.Disney Channel’s animated series “The Owl House” made history with the network’s first bisexual lead character.Series creator Dana Terrace confirmed last week that the 14-year-old lead character Luz Noceda is bisexual.The announcement comes after the two episodes “Enchanting Grom Fright” and “Wing It Like Witches” aired and showed a blooming relationship between Noceda and a female character named Amity Blight.Noceda previously expressed interest in male characters and later asked out Blight to grom, the witch world’s version of prom, where they danced together.“In [development] I was very open about my intention to put queer kids in the main cast. She was mentioned in the Hannah Montana episode "Welcome to … “Looking forward to the next chapter.”The series creator later admitted that she “will never be fully aligned with Disney as a company,” but said she wouldn’t “fully blast” the execs who served as her allies.

All market data delayed 20 minutes. or redistributed. ©2020 FOX News Network, LLC. I want to write a bi character, dammit!”“Luckily my stubbornness paid off and now I am very supported by current Disney leadership,” Terrace declared.“As ‘OH’ continues I can't wait to explore things that are important to me and my crew,” Terrace concluded. She is credited with influencing the revival of teen pop during the late 1990s and early 2000s, for which she is referred to as the "Princess of Pop". All rights reserved. View the Original Image. Britney wins Favorite Female Artist, Favorite Pop Artist, Favorite Social Media Celebrity and Favorite Comedic Collaboration at the People’s Choice Awards. All rights reserved. Receives First-Ever Radio Disney Icon Award Choice Awards. All market data delayed 20 minutes. “Andy Mack” character Cyrus Goodman, played by Joshua Rush, had a character development realizing he was gay. Collaboration at the People’s Choice Awards Receives First-Ever Radio Disney Icon Award Choice AwardsNevada Childhood Cancer Foundation Officially Opens the Britney Spears CampusBritney Spears wins 4 Best of Las Vegas Awards for 'Piece of Me' residencyBritney Spears concludes 'Piece of Me' residency in Las VegasBritney Performs Medley of Hits during the Billboard Music Awards.Britney Releases Her Newest Fragrance, Private Show.Britney and G-Eazy take to the VMA’s Stage to Perform “Make Me”!Britney Performs at the iHeart Radio Music Festival in Las VegasBritney Brings a Little of Her Piece of Me Show to the UK for the Apple Music FestivalBritney covers the Fall 2016/Winter 2017 issue of Vegas Player magazine. Britney Jean Spears (born December 2, 1981) is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, and actress. April 29, 2017. ©2020 FOX News Network, LLC. Britney Spears give the first televised music performance of 2018 on Dick Clark's Rockin' New YearBritney Spears announces new Sunset Fantasy fragranceBritney Spears honored with the 2018 Fragrance Of The Year AwardBritney Spears receives the 2018 GLAAD Vanguard AwardBritney Spears unveils her new unisex fragrance, PrerogativeBritney wins Favorite Female Artist, Favorite Pop Artist, Favorite Social Media Celebrity and Favorite Comedic View the Original Image. Britney Jean Spears is an American singer-songwriter, dancer, actress, former television music competition judge, and occasional author who was one of the Mouseketeers in The Mickey Mouse Club. I’m a horrible liar so sneaking it in would’ve been hard,” Terrace, 29, She added: “I’m bi! Fox News Flash top entertainment and celebrity headlines are here. Britney – who entered the spotlight at the age of 11 on Disney’s The Mickey Mouse Club – suffered from the pressures of fame and work and had a very public breakdown in 2007.. Disney Channel’s animated series “The Owl House” made history with the network’s first bisexual ... Britney Spears is 'strongly opposed' to her father returning as sole conservator: report.