Oleksandr Usyk (ukrainien : Олександр Усик, Oleksandr Oussyk) est un boxeur ukrainien né le 17 janvier 1987 à Simferopol, en RSS d'Ukraine (Union soviétique).Champion du monde unifié dans la catégorie poids lourds-légers, il laisse en 2019 ses ceintures vacantes pour combattre en catégorie poids lourds This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. Oleksandr Usyk. In September, Usyk's heavyweight debut was announced to be on 12 October, at the On 11 March 2020 it was announced that Usyk would fight Usyk is married to Kateryna and the couple have 3 children (born in 2009, 2013 and 2015). Oleksandr Usyk’s hand is held aloft in victory. Wilder has a great right hand, I have a great left hand. ID# 659772. Usyk, who remained professional and calm, replied, "If you want to be a great champion, you have to beat the best and Huck is one of the best. When asked why he chose Huck, Usyk said, "Because of my fans." "I sold ice cream, I sold apricots, I sold peaches, I worked on a farm, I grazed cattle," he said. It is a great boxing match. "Coming from poor background, and having to support his family, he took on jobs that helped them stay afloat.That included working on a farm, as well as collecting and selling fruit and ice cream on the streets to make ends meet. "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. Judges Alejandro Cid and Steve Gray scored the first seven rounds 68–65 and 67–66 respectively in favour of Bellew and Yury Koptsev had the fight 67–67 entering round 8.Afterwards, Bellew paid tribute to Usyk and announced his retirement from boxing, saying; "I have been doing this for 20 years, and it is over." "While he's more famous for his exploits in the ring, Usyk, who married his childhood sweetheart Yekaterina in 2009, showed he does have a more playful side too.In 2018 he lent his voice to The Stolen Princess - a Ukrainian animated movie that became a box office hit earning £50m around the world.He appeared alongside Vasyl Virastyuk, a former strongman competitor, as a Russian gangster in a tale about a princess being kidnapped by an evil sorcerer.Should Usyk continue his ascent, you can imagine more film roles may come for the theatrical sportsman.First, he now must conquer the heavyweight division. The result was never in question as Usyk was declared the winner by unanimous decision, with the judges’ scorecards reading 120–108, 119–109, and 119–109.When asked whom he would like to fight next, Usyk said, "At this time I have heard that On 7 September, Usyk signed a multi-fight deal with On fight night, Usyk, who is usually a slow starter, eventually took full control of the bout and stopped Bellew in round 8 to retain all the cruiserweight belts. I heard [Wilder and Fury] have a third fight lined up towards the end of the year but we have to throw a curveball in there. 2011-03-27: Serhiy Melnyk: 3 4 0: Kharkiv W. PTS ... BoxRec.com uses cookies to make the site simpler. Boxing's Official Record Keeper sign up | login Oleksandr Usyk. "However, it seemed that a life in football was more likely a path out of the poverty of Simferopol.Up until the age of 15, Usyk was in the academy of then-Ukrainian Premier League side SC Tavriya Simferopol.But the cost of playing football was too much for his parents, and he picked up his first pair of boxing gloves in 2002. Overall, Usyk landed just 3 jabs and Bellew landed 1 power shot.

"On fight night, Usyk used his footwork and combination punching to cruise to a TKO win. Pro Boxing Am Boxing World Series Boxing All Sports promoter 17: 0: 0: 13 KOs 0 KOs; Pro Boxing : rating: 4 / 1,350 1 ... BoxRec.com uses cookies to make the site simpler. "That same meeting with Usyk's manager, afterwards we had another meeting to potentially put an offer in to solidify [a fight with Wilder] before they have even had their fight, and before I have my next fight.

... Oleksandr Usyk. 0:41 0:35

Editors About BoxRec Contact Us Terms & Conditions Widgets BoxRec.com uses cookies to make the site simpler. Gassiev did not land a solid punch until the end of round 2. "I would love nothing more than the opportunity for us to fight Usyk, but the reality of it is, I don't think it's going to happen. Usyk continued to land combinations with little to no response from Huck until referee Robert Byrd stopped the fight in the tenth-round. "We've had meetings," Joshua said about facing Wilder. "We had a meeting about that. In regards to the shove, Huck said, "I wanted to show Usyk that he is my hometown and that he should be prepared for the battle of his life on Saturday." In round 8, Usyk tripped on Huck's feet and Huck lost a point on the scorecards as he threw a punch at Usyk when the latter was down.

"First, Joshua has until January 31 to negotiate a defence of his IBF, WBA and WBO belts against Pulev, the 38-year-old Bulgarian whose only loss in 29 fights came against Wladimir Klitschko.Joshua could disrupt every top heavyweight's plans by agreeing an undisputed title fight against Deontay Wilder, who must first come through his rematch with Tyson Fury on February 22. In round 8, whilst in a neutral corner, Usyk landed a hard left, again buzzing Bellew, forcing him to move away against the ropes. Hunter managed to land 24% of his punches, connecting 190 of 794.On 1 July 2015, Usyk finally announced that he would join fellow cruiserweights At the Draft Gala, Usyk, who had first pick, chose to fight former WBO champion Marco Huck (40–4–1, 27 KOs).