" Green was a bit too fired up, "I'm in here trying to blow the studio top off," Green says, "and Willie kept saying, 'No, just say it.' Let's stay together. While touring, Green found himself on the marquee of a smaller venue with legendary drummer Willie Mitchell. He even addresses, in an indirect way, the possibility of splitting up -- so many people break up, then turn around and make up. Loving you whether, whether. Highlight. RIFF-it good. Mitchell said, "The only fight I ever had with him was about 'Let's Stay Together,' because he thought 'Let's Stay Together' was not a hit." In the unknowable future, times may be good or bad, happy or sad, but whatever the case, he knows he'll want her by his side. The song is neither fast nor slow -- while the rhythm has some pace to it, the singing is leisurely. " Let's stay, (let's stay together) let's stay together It took two days of Mitchell badgering him before Green finally put his heavenly voice on tape. Mitchell knew Green’s talent and wasn’t going to quit until he got the Green he wanted, "I wanted this golden voice on it, and he kept giving me somebody else's voice," Mitchell says.

With the 1972 hit Let's Stay Together, Al Green struck a perfect balance. It's a love song, but it's a humble proposal, telling the woman that whatever you want to do / Is alright with me. Lyrics to 'Let's Stay Together' by Tina Turner. His early singing instruction and performing experience came as a member of his family’s gospel group -- but Green was kicked out of the family home by the age of 20. It's a love song, but it's a humble proposal, telling the woman that "whatever you want to do / Is alright with me." Yeah. Just let it ooze out and let it — that's right.'" Unfortunately, Green wasn’t giving Mitchell what he wanted. He was finally able to persuade Green that it "had magic on it." Its lyrics, though romantic, are plainspoken, with a relatable meaning. Apparently, Green didn’t like the “thin” sound of his falsetto voice.

Clearly, the song is about the power of love and how it persists through good times and bad. The singer and his lady have been together for some time, and he's telling her, very calmly and logically, that this relationship just feels right. Let's stay together I'm, I'm so in love with you Whatever you want to do Is alright with me 'Cause you make me feel so brand new And I want to spend my life with you Let me say that since, baby Since we've been together Loving you forever Is what I need Let me be the one you come running to I'll never be untrue Oh, baby, let's, let's stay together SONGLYRICS just got interactive. When he nailed it, I said, 'That's the one.' I'll never be untrue. Al Green - Let`s Stay Together Lyrics. In the case of Al Green’s unforgettable, “Let’s Stay Together,” it took two and then some hundreds of hours to perfect the 1972 hit, which reached the top of the Billboard Hot 100 and the Before Al Green became one of the dulcet voices of his era, he struggled to find traction in the dog eat dog music world.

Let's, we oughta stay together Loving you whether, whether Times are good or bad, happy or sad... Come on Let's, let's stay together Loving you whether, whether Times are good or bad, happy or sad Who needs that drama? And depending on which source you believe, it only took Green between 5 and 15 minutes to write the lyrics. We Are In Complete Awe Of These Magical Photos From The...With the 1972 hit "Let's Stay Together," Al Green struck a perfect balance. Let me be the one you come running to. Whatever you want to do. Heyo!

Its lyrics, though romantic, are plainspoken, with a relatable meaning. Review: RIFF-it. He wishes he could have grown up in the free love era! [Intro] Bbmaj7 Am7 Gm7 Am7 Bbmaj7 Am7 Gm7 C7 [Verse 1] F Am/D I, I'm so in love with you Bb Whatever you want to do Bbm9 Is all right with me Am7 Gm7 Fmaj7 Em Dm9 'Cause you make me feel so brand new Am7 Gm7 Fmaj7 Am7 Dm9 And I want to spend my life with you [Verse 2] F Am/D Since, since we've been together Bb Loving you forever Bbm9 Is what I need Am7 Gm7 Fmaj7 Em Dm9 Let … That night Green belted out his bread-and-butter “Back Up Train” for all it was worth, hoping to impress Mitchell. He thinks they should stick with it -- forever. Is alright with me. He said, 'Don't try to handle the song, Al. Let's not do that, the singer is saying, let's stay together.Rolling Stone ranked “Let’s Stay Together” as the 60th greatest of all time on their list of the 500 greatest songs. They scored a minor hit with 1967’s “Back Up Train,” but unfortunately, the song would dog Green for years.