It gives you the feel of an AR while shooting, plus the stock adjustments also help different shooters with different physiques. I'm able to buy ammo for around $8.00 plus shipping which adds another dollar or so if you get a quantity.

It’s also incredibly accurate, with a max rise of only 0.6” when sighted for 100 yards.Of course, even the best ammo is useless without something to shoot it out of.

The trigger pull is adjustable and extremely crisp and lightweight. This synthetic has a 16in barrel, blued-steel finish and black, synthetic stock.This straight-pull .22 rimfire is unique in that the bolt is operated in a single action by pulling the bolt straight back without any upward movement.

Most people talk about the accuracy, smooth operation and finish of this rifle.

With a 10 mph crosswind, a 17 gr .17 HMR bullet will drift about 3 inches at 100 yards and around 15 inches at 200 yards. But, tungsten, though … It balances affordability with speed and accuracy. Fortunately, I’ve also assembled some recommendations for something to make that ammo go boom.Handgun choices for .17 HMR are a bit limited, but there’s no shortage of rifle choices, so let’s start there. Mind you, it’s a rifle that’s going to be used in the field, so maybe I am being a little too fussy.The 455 model has a set trigger and is much better. All rights reserved.

The rifle has a basic design and a heavy profile varmint barrel. Plus, it can also be used to hunt small game, by mounting a scope for distant shots. The day Alexander arrived we went to the range and ran the gun fast, hot and dirty. Firing the 17-grain Hornady loads across a Shooting Crony, my first 10 rounds averaged 2,654 fps.

Since I was the recipient of the first test rifle released from the factory, my assignment was to ferret out any bugs or create them through hard use and abuse.

It makes it fast to operate. My 3-shot groups with the CCI 17-grain ammo averaged 2.031 inches. Had Ruger decided the make of this rifle semi-auto, it would have been an AR type rifle chambered in .17 HMR. These rifles are available in bolt action, semi-auto and lever action models. 3. Plus the QD and M-lok slots also help with attaching slings and bipods.

The shooting speed of the rifle is comparable with semi-auto weapons, and it has a pre-installed weaver base to accept scopes. I built my own .22 long rifle AR. WATCH: Footage Shows Mike Mosher Used Appropriate Force in Fatal ShootingWATCH: Breaking Down a Strange, Error-Filled NYPD ShootingBrownells Sales of Standard-Capacity Magazines to California Put on HoldGunsmoke: Celebrating the Longest-Running Western in TV HistoryTactical Life Gun Magazine: Gun news, gun reviews and gun magazines for gun enthusiasts, military and law enforcementYou use of this website constitutes and manifests your acceptance of our Yes, and a very good one. .17 HMR is the smallest caliber currently under production and being used worldwide. The rifle folds down and has a lightweight design. The receiver has pre-existing rails which allows you to mount a light or bipod. The gun offers enough different choices and configurations for most shooters and their budgets. The rifles are always highly sought after and hold their value well.Verdict: Whether you use the barrel change facility or not, a standard .17 HMR Sako Quad makes an excellent vermin gun. So, you may consider wearing some ear protection. With the Alexander Arms .17 HMR in hand, it was a quick duel at sundown and they never got off a shot.Alexander Arms’ new .17 HMR is a rugged rifle that can tackle pest control…

The name of the place is SG Ammo out of Oklahom It is almost a recoilless cartridge, and can be used to teach amateurs the basics of shooting, and introducing them to the recoil of rifles. Blown cases had the penchant for bending the ejector bar, but this was fixed on the range with a pair of pliers.When the round count got to approximately 450 without cleaning, case extraction and feeding became so sluggish that it was reduced to a single-shot.Out of curiosity, I decided to shoot some groups while the gun was good and dirty. In this way you can also use the .17 Mach 2 or .22 WMR cartridges. Although, if your motive is only vermin eradication, this round is an amazing choice..17 HMR is an expensive cartridge, compared with other rimfire ammo. A lesser known requirement was that the cartridge would produce between 23,000 and 29,000 CUP (copper units of pressure).To assure success, the new cartridge was required to be adaptable to existing rimfire rifle designs, so settling on the .22 WMR case was the best option. in .17 HMR are fewer and almost exclusively revolvers.This is a durable revolver great for hunting small game! My fave type of shooting is a game I call "FORE!"

It didn’t help that my shooting sessions were conducted on days that the temperature hovered around the century mark, either.After 300 rounds down range as fast as I could fire, load and change magazines, the gun was both dirty and hot. J'aime Je n'aime pas : romeo33 Pilier Nombre de messages: 3818 Age: 54 Localisation: Du coté de Bordeaux, plus ou moins loin de la cible, cela dépend des jours. The .17 HMR is a necked down version of the .22 Magnum and generally uses a 17-grain bullet, though you can also find rounds with 20 grain and 15.5-grain bullets. .17 HMR is available in hollow point, soft tip, and full metal jacket (FMJ)..17 HMR is primarily used for mid-range small game and varmint hunting. Plus, it offers quick successive shots compared to any bolt action rifle. a signed photocopy of the dealers ffl must accompany your order.

It has an adjustable trigger which allows you to choose you pull weight. To get the exact estimate, we’ll put some numerical calculations to use. IT CAN EITHER BE FAXED TO US AT 540-633-3001 OR EMAILED TO ORDERS@ALEXANDERARMS.COM PLEASE NOTE THAT THE BILLING INFORMATION SHOULD BE YOUR OWN BUT THE SHIPPING INFORMATION MUST BE THAT OF THE …