At the same time, the driver module must be dissipated, otherwise it will affect the life of the driver module.The best way to set the motor current is by measuring the voltage on the Vref pin (0…2.5V) and adjusting the voltage with the potentiometer. Stepper motors drivers have a device designed to maintain an accurate, low noise, constant output current.

For detailed instructions read here: Link. Set the tester on Ampere and turning the screw one-eighth of a turn, always counterclockwise to increase the power, increase the power until the loss of the steps has disappeared.From experience we can say that already at 1,2A all the step losses will disappear and you will be on a voltage/amperage well supported by the motor. The There is no special power-up or power-down sequence needed. I've upgraded my Anycubic I3 Mega (Trigorilla) "S" to the TMC2208 drivers. We only speak of an extruder because the loss of steps in the axis movement motors, is a symptom of some mechanical hitch, therefore it is preferable to check that everything flows smoothly rather than “pulling the neck” on the motors.If the extruder still loses a few steps, it is possible to switch to brutal adjustment.

I will explain how to make the exact same adjustment using a normal iron screwdriver.First, we have to go to analyze our drivers and locate the adjustment screw, it has exactly the appearance of a star screw.The motherboard of some 3D printers is equipped with removable drivers, others have the drivers directly on the board and are less recognizable. The flexible microPlyer interpolation unit provides up to 256 subdivisions, allowing perfect sinusoidal control even in systems with limited pulse frequencies; these are also designed because stealthChop2 ultra-quiet technology is widely used in 3D printing. Irms = (Vref * 1.77A) / 2.5V = Vref * 0.71. Here you can find Yes, because the Trinamic TMCxxxx drivers use a chopper drive circuit to generate a constant current in each winding (motor phase) rather than applying a constant voltage. TMC2208 is an ultra-quiet two-phase stepper motor drive chip, continuous drive current 1.4A, peak current 2A, voltage range 4.75V-36V, 256 subdivision. It is what I used . Reading the formula below, we see our VREF should be set at 0.96V. The noise also depends on the used stepper motors. The maximum settable motor current is 1.77A RMS (0.11 Ohm sense resistors), but the TMC21xx/TMC2208 SilentStepSticks can only be used up to 1.2A RMS. The more precise this value is, the more the motor movement will be optimized. The working temperature of the drivers should not exceed 60 °C, as well as that of the motors of 50 °C. I will explain how to make the exact same adjustment using a normal iron screwdriver.First, we have to go to analyze our drivers and locate the adjustment screw, it has exactly the appearance of a star screw.The motherboard of some 3D printers is equipped with removable drivers, others have the drivers directly on the board and are less recognizable.

Stepper motors drivers have a device designed to maintain an accurate, low noise, constant output current. Der maximal einstellbare Motorstrom beträgt 1,77A RMS (0,11 Ohm Messwiderstände), die TMC21xx/TMC2208 SilentStepSticks können jedoch nur bis 1,2A RMS verwendet werden. The open state (unconnected) on TMC21xx drivers is not possible in this configuration.The TMC2xxx chip has a thermal pad on the bottom which is soldered to the PCB (Printed Circuit Board).

Could you tell me what to modify? An At power-up the motor supply voltage VM should come up first and then the logic supply voltage VIO. TMC2208 VREF Location First, disconnect your stepper motors.