It’s a famous song by a brilliant, pivotal band — but it is almost entirely unrepresentative of them aside from its mainstream reach and has aged especially poorly compared to other material in the Radiohead canon. Radiohead - Creep Beatbox Cover // THePETEBOX Pledge Series - Duration: 7:21. But “significant” doesn’t necessarily equate “not perplexing.” I’m not sure what attracts a band like Blues Traveler to play “Creep,” or how the jam-y rhythms and harmonica solos make any sense. 7 Awesome ‘Creep’ Covers: Carrie Manolakos, Scala & Kolacny, Ingrid Michaelson & More (Video) So Very Special Broadway's Carrie Manolakos' haunting cover of the Radiohead … They’ve got strings and ton of guitars, but also lots of little tambourines and tiny percussion in the chorus that sound cool. And some of his mannerisms vaguely remind me of Morrissey, which is kind of weird. 2,412,800 views, added to favorites 11,540 times. But the version of “Creep” by the Scala & Kolacny Brothers Choir is a different story, and one that isn’t necessarily rooted in the song itself. It’s not too out there to imagine this as being more akin to what “Creep” might’ve sounded like had Radiohead released it later in their career. The Ending To This Story 1,462,147 views. It’d haunt and unsettle me. Creep - Radiohead (Acoustic Cover - يوسف مفتاح) Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! A few years back, Weezer held their Portland Hootenanny and invited a bunch of local musicians to come play with them. Along the spectrum of “Creep” covers, this is up in the Blues Traveler Pantheon of head-scratching decisions. THePETEBOX 1,142,168 views. Radiohead - Creep - DRUM COVER - … 4:59. It wouldn’t calm me down. 23 videos Play all Karaoke Playlist Acoustic rock Casa Manor; Street Spirit (Fade Out) (Radiohead) Karaoke - Duration: 4:15. roxleyrocks07 164,479 views. 50+ videos Play all Mix - Creep (Radiohead acoustic cover) - Kim Boyko [69] YouTube His Voice Leaves The Audience SPEECHLESS - Brian Justin Crum Covers Creep by Radiohead - Duration: 5:23. That’s, unfortunately, one of the core issues with “Creep.” Even outside of the heights to which Radiohead would later climb, “Creep” is one of the brooding faces that launched a thousand bad mall-rock bands in the late ’90s and early ’00s. (There’s also a part of me that wonders where this is from, considering it’s not listed on Pearl Jam’s website bible of songs they’ve played live. There’s that arpeggiating guitar, but that’s almost it — the sharp downward strikes of Greenwood’s original guitar are reconfigured as muted, distorted thunder. We have an official Creep tab made by UG professional guitarists. @user-472510971 dude i literally aspire and wish i had her voice and she BEAUTIFUL ASF stfu no one wants your negatice energy here✌️ 😇@reza7202-r dude let the girl sing without being compared@user-472510971 😒did anyone ask for your opinion@user-472510971 stfu lol u play roblox dumb ass pussy@user-472510971 id like to see you sing and your faceI'm getting goosebumps from your voice.
Has this been going on for a while? Even if it’s one of their lesser songs, I can’t abide this. For whatever reason, there are a lot of ukulele covers of “Creep” on YouTube. It’s not hard to find classical or jazz covers of famous rock songs, but that usually feels a little far afield for this. Better than expected. Got Talent, X Factor and Idols | Top Talent - Duration: 23:12. Creep chords by Radiohead.

I had forgotten this happened, but: back in 2011, Jim Carrey made a surprise appearance at the Lower East Side bar Arlene’s Grocery and did a few songs, including Smashing Pumpkins’ “Bullet With Butterfly Wings” and what brought us here today, “Creep.” He does a solid job. Creep - Radiohead (Acoustic Loop Pedal Cover) With Lyrics!
Another surprise is that it actually brought to mind what the song might’ve sounded like, arrangement-wise, had Radiohead been more akin to Britpop than American alternative — there are moments here that remind me of what might’ve happened if Pulp had covered “Creep” around the time of Well, here we have “Creep” literally soundtracking high school drama. When a guy like Carrey gets up and there does those songs, I don’t think you’re really looking for the hurt that underlies the originals — it’s just a comedian showing up and having a good time with some alt-rock standards, songs of the sort he might’ve been into when he was young and becoming more and more famous. Like Macy Gray’s version, it’s notable because it actually does something different with a song that most people play far too faithfully. Each time I heard some other cover go into the normal guitar intro, I just cringed — didn’t anyone have an idea of how to do something a little different with the song? But, also — there was a point in their career where I could see Pearl Jam really being into “Creep” and wanting to play it straight, and there’s a point not too much after that where I could see them doing this as something of an ironic, self-deprecating piss take. Previously awarded to Barry Gibb for covering Springsteen’s “I’m On Fire,” psychobilly band the Mutilators are now also the happy recipients of the “Rift In Time And Space” Award.

Between that and Moby’s nondescript alt-rock vocals, we’ve got something like Incubus covering “Creep,” which is not something I’d ask for. That almost cheap-sounding, mechanical beat, the air-y yet claustrophobic synth beds, that eerie piano line — it sounds almost like “Creep, Pt. Ingrid Michaelson’s version fills the role here.