At 1680 × 1050 the sidebar plus two editor views (wrapped at 80 characters) fit nicely next to each other.If you want to go nuclear on making the ideal font choice, this As mentioned before, Sublime has a very extensive plug-in ecosystem.

This plug-in extends the autocomplete word list to find matches across all open files. If you’re wondering whether Sublime Text is still the right choice for you then this review article I wrote may be helpful:With Ubuntu Mono, I find font size 16 very comfortable to read on my 15-inch MacBook. Key bindings, menus, snippets, macros, completions and more - just about everything in Sublime Text is customizable with simple JSON files. They inspired my setup and may teach you some more tricks as well:"Packages/Tomorrow Color Schemes/Tomorrow-Night.tmTheme"// Cursor style - no blinking and slightly wider than default// Whitespace - no tabs, trimming, end files with \n// Automatically run Pylinter when saving a Python document// Don't hide pylint messages when moving the cursor

Sublime Text has a powerful, Python API that allows plugins to augment built-in functionality.

Then copy and paste the code from here into the console and hit enter. Autocomplete on DOT If you want auto-completion on dot, you can define a trigger in the Sublime User or Python preferences: All Autocomplete Sublime’s default autocomplete only considers words found in the current file.

Customize Anything. ... Python, with thanks to FichteFoll; Added stand alone syntax test runner for Linux, allowing for CI testing; Various syntax definition errors now include the file name in the message; Command Palette. The package installer will take a few seconds to install. By default file name look like You can set Python interpreter, and additional python package directories, using for example the following:If you want auto-completion on dot, you can define a trigger in the I’m currently using the following plug-ins:One of the nice things about Sublime Text is that it can be completely configured using simple JSON-based Sublime’s key bindings are also fully user-configurable via JSON-based To use Sublime as the default editor for interactive Git commands, for example when composing commit messages, add the following line to your I’ve recorded a quick screencast that shows you how to do to this in some more detail: » I hope this little guide was helpful to you. Open the Sublime console with CTRL + `. Enabling this option to try to bring more comfortable workflow.Suggest Jedi completion and Sublime completion in the end of the listPlugin uses Python logging lib to log everything.

Python Code Autocompletion With performance in mind The main goal of anaconda is to provide a high performance python development environment, this is why anaconda will never freeze your SublimeText 3 as everything in anaconda runs concurrent and asynchronous using an asynchronous client-server architecture. Kite helps you write code faster by saving you keystrokes and showing you the right information at the right time.

For bleeding-edge releases, see the dev builds. All language related settings are stored in Python Package.

Let’s start by looking at a few of the default features of Sublime Text 3: 1. I’m still switching editors on a per project basis now.
But I noticed that for me Sublime Text seems to hit the sweet spot between a bare bones editor and a full-blown IDE for Python development.Since I wrote this article quite a few things have changed in the world of Python editors and IDEs. SublimeCodeIntel Enhances autocomplete for some languages including Python. Vintage Mode provides you with vi commands for use within ST3. After installation, the first thing you want to do is install the package manager. With Multi-Line Completions, Kite helps you code faster while staying in flow. 3. Kite Autocomplete Plugin for Sublime Text 3 Kite is an AI-powered programming assistant that helps you write Python & JavaScript code inside Sublime Text 3.