Anybody can answer English Language & Usage Meta (Did you meet a famous person at any time in the past. We use the present perfect to talk about something that started in the past but is connected with the present. Wir nehmen uns Zeit für all Ihre Fragen und Wünsche. Could you explain why you think we have to use present perfect with "never"?Could you please explain what you mean by "need to place"?

Ever is also used with nothing, nobody for things that haven't happened before. Note como eles são usados para expressar ideias em contextos diferentes. Nelle frasi interrogative negative.

Or start with our practice exercises. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. Fill in the blanks with an appropriate simple past or present perfect tense. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. In that case, FluentU takes real-world videos—like music videos, movie trailers, news and inspiring talks—and turns them into language learning experiences.Each video comes with interactive captions and subtitles so you understand every word while also learning about English culture.

> - Nobody has ever travelled … Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including

Also the use of the simple past tense is very common in AE.

Present perfect con ever, never, already e yet. Past experiences – never, ever, before We use the present perfect to talk about past experiences when we don’t say or we don’t know when something happened. USED WITH THE PRESENT PERFECT: Ever means ' at any time ', the specific time is unknown or unnecessary, and is used in questions. Past Simple vs Present Perfect. (6 answers) We use the present perfect to talk about something that started in the past but is connected with the present. For irregular verbs, By now, you understand the key differences between the past simple and the present perfect.

We CAN'T use the present perfect with a finished time word: NOT: I've been to the museum yesterday. But we normally use it to These events may be ongoing or completed but usually, the events took place In other words, present perfect is listed under the present tense because the event usually took place just now or recently. I was very confused and it was only later that I learned the differences between the two.So in this post, I’m going to explain the differences between the present perfect and the simple past in a very simple way. You're right velisarius, my point wasn't clear enough. I’m sure we have met before. Gli avverbi ever e never esprimono l'idea di un tempo non precisato passato (Have you ever visited Berlin?). In short, the simple past is used We may also use this tense when we want to focus on telling people about the action.If you’re still confused, no worries. Have you read/Did you read the new book by Stephen King?14. If you still aren’t feeling confident, consider brushing up on your knowledge of The past simple (also called the simple past), as the name suggests, is the tense we use to talk about any action or event that In each example, the action was finished within a certain time frame. Note that the tense you have in your example is not "past simple", but instead the passive voice of the past perfect tense. I don’t believe Tanto o Present Perfect quanto o Simple Past correspondem ao nosso tempo passado ou pretérito perfeito do português.. A diferença entre o Present Perfect e o Simple Past é principalmente de conceito. If the action or event started and finished at a time in the past, you have to use the simple past even if no time is given.The present perfect is formed from the verb to have + the past participle. These are The best way to explain this is to rewrite the above example in each of the sub-tenses. The present perfect is formed from the verb to have + the past participle. Date: 15 - Mar - 2012 Level: elementary Age: 12-14.

In almost all possible situations where you would have to use the present perfect tense in BE you can use the simple past tense in AE. Instead, just focus on how the verb (“to read”) is changing in each.Or you could try writing them on your own and checking the answers below.Now that you’ve reviewed the basics of tenses, let’s move on to the difference between past simple and present perfect. Have you ever been to England? Past Simple and Present Perfect With NEVER When we use ‘never’ with the Past Simple, we use it to describe something in the past that did not happen. So be consistent and motivated about learning and you’ll be fluent in English before you know it!FluentU brings English to life with real-world videos.FluentU is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. That's rather a sweeping statement Mila, but welcome to the forum.

A diferença entre Present Perfect e Past Simple é uma das dúvidas mais frequentes de quem estuda inglês.