The following statement below is an example: Built using Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 - not MinGW. META-INF/MANIFEST.MF rxtxParallel.dll rxtxParallel64.dll rxtxSerial.dll rxtxSerial64.dll Related examples in the same category The jRxTx java library is compatible with the original RXTX native library.
Please clarify the steps if you pursue this. It should be possible to unjar the RXTXcomm.jar and then add the .classes into YourApp.jar.

The unjar instruction (putting gnu folder in bin path which I use in Eclipse as workdir) worked for me on Ubuntu Linux 11.04 , make sure the librxtx library is installed: the package like described in the wiki here, or the binaries. RXTX is a Java native library providing serial and parallel communication for the Java Development Toolkit (JDK). If you installed the 64-bit version of the JDK, then install the x64 build. I didn't try unjar, as unzip worked fine. For Windows, the Janel JAVA launcher can be used. Saving the RXTX jar-file and DLL in the JRE is not optimal if you indend to distribute your JAVA application and do not want to bundle it with a customized JRE. Tested the x86 and x64 versions with Windows 2008, 2003, and Vista SP1. Your app will now run by double clicking on it, provided the .dll or .jnilib library is in the same folder. The x86 and x64 versions are native and do not rely on any other non-standard windows libraries. For Ubuntu simply installing librxtx-java package is enough. Download rxtx-native-windows.jar. I was successful in doing this on my Mac. If you installed the 64-bit version of the JDK, then install the x64 build. Using a simpler approach (confirmed to work when using NetBeans): Should you wish to use RxTx on a x64 based computer, note that the downloads on this page will not work, for x64 compiled binaries go to: Mfizz RxTx page. This should eliminate the secon .jar and the need to modify java.class.path. NOTE: When installing on Windows XP Embedded, make sure you include crtdll.dll (in the C Runtime Component) as it is required by rxtxSerial.dll. Installing RXTX for Serial Communication with Java Java supports communication to serial ports, but not with its default installation. Execute the following command from the command line: Binaries have been tested successfully on Windows Server 2008 R2, although they are slightly outdated (december 2008), and known to crash when unplugging an USB serial adapter. Thus you can also use the old RXTX native library or the native library of other RXTX … The above unjar instructions and subsequent jars worked fine for my app on both Mac and Windows machines. Therefore, builds for Linux are also included to be consistent with the Windows binaries. Identify your Java Development Kit's … I would love to include the OS specific libraries in the jar for a single, monolithic package, but after researching this on the web, it is apparently very difficult at best and probably impossible.

to update the jar with the contents of the classes in the gnu folder. It would be great if someone with access to Linux boxes could provide us with similar recipes for their operating system. Alternatively you can copy the *.dll into C:\Windows\System32\, Java will find it there automatically.
RXTX is licensed under the GNU LGPL license as well as these binary distributions. RXTX installation procedure if you want to develop or compile RXTX enabled programs .

create a directory for your application, and save the Janel executable and lap-file to it; create a subfolder named "classes" and save the jar-file of your application as well as the RXTXcomm.jar in it; create a subfolder named "lib" and save the rxtxSerial.dll to it; While an attribution is not required, the following would be appreciated somewhere within your project or source code.

It requires an installation of an external library. Just drop in the compiled .dlls that are specific to the version of Java you run. The latest CVS snapshots of RXTX were much better and more stable than the versions on the official rxtx.org website. If you want to develop and compile RXTX enabled programs, for example with the NetBeans IDE, follow this procedure. If you have specific issues, questions, or problems, please Fizzed helps companies launch and grow their mobile, web, and data products. Note that you cannot use the 32bit DLL when running a 64bit JRE: Then, place the gnu folder in the same folder as your application jar file.

Just drop in the compiled .dlls that are specific to the version of Java you run. Note I did the default NetBeans 5.5/JDK 1.6.0 isntall accepting all the default options(ie clicking next until I got to finish), so I haven't modified my java paths or anything. RxTx Java Serial Port Terminal incorporates the Java RxTx API to interface with serial ports. The API consists of a jar archive, RXTXcomm.jar, and two libraries specific to the operating system that the program is installed on. These builds are compiled with the latest Microsoft Visual Studio tools. Using a simpler approach (confirmed to work when using NetBeans or Borland JBuilder): First, unzip the RXTX.jar file. rxtx/rxtx-native-windows.jar.zip( 175 k) The download jar file contains the following class files or Java source files. This installation is for 32 bit Windows operating systems. Use 2.2, not 2.1. RXTX is a great package, but it was lacking pre-built binaries for x64 (64-bit) versions of Windows. Built using CentOS 5.2 and gcc 4.1.2. Tested the x86 and x64 versions with x86 and x64 versions of CentOS 5.0 and 5.2. If you include any of the builds in your own personal or commercial application, please make sure to at least provide a note of thanks to Fizzed, Inc. in your release notes.