De plus, l'arme devait utiliser des boitiers chargeurs amovibles, intégrer un bipied, une baïonnette, tirer en culasse fermée en mode semi-automatique (pour la précision) et culasse ouverte lors du tir automatique (pour le refroidissement). Instead Harvey designed it to be produced on any general set of commercial tooling under the impression that a nuclear war would eliminate most of the military specific production infrastructure.
Please consider As far as I can tell, these guys (There’s a company that builds most WW2 rifles for the civilian market.

Its one problem in full automatic fire was barrel heating.
Its the forethought put into the gun that makes it so amazing.I recently fired an FG-42-1 replica made by Dittrich in Germany.Back in the 1980s the US Navy, at the behest of the USMC, studied a number of existing light “assault” and automatic rifles, the FG42 was one of them. Most (95%) of all infantry combat occurs inside 500m (SGT York’s most distant target was 150m). We’ve discussed the project with them, and are excited to see the final product – but folks shouldn’t expect to be able to get one shipped out quite yet. This seems like such an obvious thing that one kinda has to assume the test was rigged against the gun. The they took the perfectly good combat rifle the M16A1 had become and turned it into the target shooter M16A2, like anybody cares if you can penetrate an M1 helmet at 800m, when most of us can’t see a helmet at that range, much less hit it. They look like twins.Ian – Why didn’t the US Army just adopt the MG42 after WW2? Harvey’s T25 was modified with a “straight line” stock and a decent muzzle brake along with an immensely strong receiver/action. In fact, the Army Reserve and National Guard were still using WW2 small arms in the early ’70s. Thanksgeneric for ciprofloxacin hcl dosing instructions for ciprofloxacin When the Infantry Board demanded a “light” rifle with a full power cartridge, selective fire, a bipod, a grenade launcher, a bayonet and sling that weighed less than the Garand, someone should have showed them the FG42. As it was, not only didn’t the M14 meet the specs, it couldn’t be produced by the M1 machine tools. Si vous disposez d'ouvrages ou d'articles de référence ou si vous connaissez des sites web de qualité traitant du thème abordé ici, merci de compléter l'article en donnant les Une refabrication des deux versions du FG42 a été réalisée par la société allemande Dittrich (ainsi que du MP40) sous l'appellation BD42 pour le modèle E et BD42/II pour le modèle G. Cette fabrication soigneuse (même munitions que le FG42, mais uniquement en semi-automatique) entraînait un prix élevé, d'où peu de ventes (moins de 200 exemplaires de chacun) et la faillite de cette société au début du XXIe siècle. Elle peut être également équipée d'une lunette de type T-post, modèle ZF-4 No mean feat to cram all that into one design!Impressively, Rheinmetall pulled it off – their design was accepted for production as the FG-42.

I bought one and I’m very happy with it.Folks should be aware that SMG’s FG-42 rifles are not yet available for commercial sale, despite some examples having been released. a day just makeing the needed parts so they can make one rifle-This is mostly a two(2) man operation.as far as cutting the metal and finish machine work.Ya! Cette arme est parfois comparée au fusil mitrailleur Browning BAR M1918 américain qui possède un chargeur de même taille. The bipods were too fragile, the bipod tended to rattle out during firing, the stock was prone to damage, the grip was uncomfortable to use, and the gun was too light to be controllable in full auto fire (remember how I mentioned the M14?). So what did the Army do. Au début de la guerre, les parachutistes allemands emportaient une panoplie d'armes d'infanterie telle que Un cahier des charges extrêmement ambitieux fut alors établi pour une nouvelle arme qui devait remplacer à elle seule toutes les autres : pouvant tirer en tir automatique pour le combat rapproché, précise pour le tir à longue distance, et capable d'effectuer un tir de suppression comme une mitrailleuse légère. They are going out slowly to those patiently waiting there number to come up on a waiting list.No problem Ian, without a doubt I am sure I somehow conveyed it wrong – pretty conservative on my projections on these things normally. The issue of the M16 w/o cleaning kits and manuals was criminal misconduct or negligence, though DoD was partly at fault.

A big reason for all this trouble is the USMC and Army “gravel” belly target shooters and the conservatism of much of the Army leadership simply refusing to accept the outcome of studies like those of SLA Marshal or SALVO I&II. Until then the M193 was a more effective combat cartridge. it going to take time before rifles fly off the work bench.It took my wife 9 months to have a baby.Well worth the wait.Same goes for SMG FG-42,They are for sure well worth the wait-Two thumbs up—FrenchyDescription of items in this kit: One FG-42 leather sling (Nartron) (new), eight 8MM Mauser ZB 26/30 magazines (original, used), one MAS36 spike bayonet (original, used but like new), one book by Peter R. Senich “The German Assault Rifle 1935-1945” (new), one Repo ZF4 Scope (new), one scope mount by Estes Adams fitted for SMG’s FG-42 (new), one, leather caps for ZF4 scope’s two eye pieces (new), and one scope carrying case (new). Users always ask for the impossible (just look at some of the requirements for sub and DD design during and just after WW2). This would be the first model of the rifle, most easily identified by its very steeply canted grip and stamped metal buttstock. Still, the original design was quite the achievement. The result was a very optimistic list of requirements for proposals from armsmakers. Probably an issue of wanting to support American industry and feed someone R&D money.Too bad we had to carry this DOG in VN – it never worked well… Thank goodness we have the M240 now – a MG that actually works! They threw Garand’s T31 design right out the window for just being too “different”. Or use a sling supported shooting position in combat to justify a heavier barrel.