Thinking this will prevent war, the US government gives an impenetrable supercomputer total control over launching nuclear missiles.

The Andromeda Strain is based on Michael Crichton's best-selling novel that created national paranoia for its topical relevance to the first moon landing. A man's vision for a utopian society is disillusioned when travelling forward into time reveals a dark and dangerous society. An idyllic science fiction future has one major drawback: life must end at the age of thirty. A team of top scientists work feverishly in a secret, state-of-the-art laboratory to discover what has killed the citizens of a small town and learn how this deadly contagion can be stopped. Many years prior to this incident, a group of eminent scientists led by Dr. Jeremy Stone (
The Andromeda Strain also suffers from 1950s style overacting, but, overall, the film is bearable.

A crack team of top scientists work feverishly in a secret, state-of-the-art laboratory to discover what has killed the citizens of a small town and learn how this deadly contagion can be stopped. Today, as a MSC EE, I can see that the science in "Andromeda Strain" is accurate.
In the twenty-fifth century, a time when people have designations instead of names, a man, THX 1138, and a woman, LUH 3417, rebel against their rigidly controlled society.

Although made in the early 1970's, the technology shown, including the computers still looks up-to-date, with the main difference being that today, the graphical displays of … Ghost Town Where The Andromeda Strain was Filmed. His colleagues reveal that clouds are being The film contained a faux computer rendering, created with conventional film-making processes, of a mapped 3-D view of the rotating structure of the five-story cylindrical underground laboratory in the Nevada desert named Project Wildfire.The opinion of critics is generally mixed, with some critics enjoying the film for its dedication to the original novel and with others disliking it for its drawn-out plot. I have always been attracted by science, since my early childhood. "Andromeda Strain" is one of my favorite movies because it stands the test of time.

With a few exceptions, the film follows the book closely. In a future where all flora is extinct on Earth, an astronaut is given orders to destroy the last of Earth's botany, kept in a greenhouse aboard a spacecraft.

But what the computer does with the power is unimaginable to its creators.

The Andromeda Strain is a 1971 American science fiction thriller film produced and directed by Robert Wise. Lone survivor, doctor Robert Neville, struggles to create a cure for the plague that wiped out most of the human race while fighting The Family, a savage luddite death cult formed by the zombie-like infected to erase the past. The team studies the organism using animal subjects, an A military jet crashes near Piedmont after the pilot radios that his plastic oxygen mask is dissolving. Use the HTML below.

Trailer. At An otherworldly, beautiful female android travels in time while scientists try to understand her enigmatic secrets exploiting the occasions of her mysterious, rare appearances.

The Andromeda Strain (1971) To share. The story is told in flashback by Dr. Jeremy Stone, who is testifying to a congressional committee.

In fact, it's the most accurate of all Sci-Fi movies I have ever seen (and I have seen the great majority of Sci-Fi cinema).Looking for some great streaming picks? In the world ravaged by the greenhouse effect and overpopulation, an NYPD detective investigates the murder of a big company CEO. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. 158 of 188 people found this review helpful.

Andromeda kills animal life almost instantly and appears to be highly virulent.

Rent or buy . Shafter, Texas A well-known movie director named Robert Wise (The Sound of Music, The Day The Earth Stood Still, Run Silent, Run Deep), and a then-unknown writer named Michael Crichton, combined to create a unique sci-fi film in 1971 titled The Andromeda Strain.It opened in the fictional town of Piedmont, New Mexico, …

Certificate: M

I remember seeing this movie and being fascinated by the science and technology on display in it.