0.0000 hybrid design with vwheel based gantry motion but linear guide rods (16mm) In theory, all you have to do is wire in the (normally open) limit switches connected to the ground pin of the Arduino. Thx, for the code. So when low it should stop the steppers. The poly fuses are only rated for 16v.I’m thinking that something like the LM2596 buck regulator modules that are all over eBay might have been a better choice instead of a linear regulator... not that it really matters now...Yes, I've used something similar I had at hand. some electrical glitch that perhaps multimeter isn't fast enough to see. I've just assembled all wiring (not for DRO - just all steppers/endstops/spindle) and started testing machine.This made X homing correctly, but Y homing stopped before reaching endstop (but it reacted as it would reach it - did retract and probe again). ).Does anyone have any issue with performing homing cycles one axis at a time? In this mode, the user can immediately start using Grbl without homing.

-542.9976 GitHub is home to over 50 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our The default homing sequence, homes X, then Y and then finally Z.This is not very safe as it risks dragging the tool across obstacles on the bed, the correct sequence is to home Z first so it is lifted away from the bed, and then home the other axis.Homing behavior is - at the moment - inherited from the main, official Grbl-mega distribution. Now I have 3 voltage levels in my controller,When I replace Z driver (It came wrong from China, but it's for free this way) with proper 48V I plan to get rid of 24V and keep only 48V and 5V. I haven't done anything to it yet. )Without limit switches, the user doesn't have to manually jog to home, if they don't want. I'll have to rectify that when I get a chance.So, it looks like you're right. 0 0 00000000 00000000 00001000 AFTER homing has completed), I want to use the plus and minus limit switches as "safety" stops which will feed-hold the machine if actuated. The 2020 machine has grbl-Mega on it, I can sort out the homing order and All of the movement is controlled by the stepper motors.When a limit switch is tripped (hard limit), GRBL halts, and goes into a loop, which makes sense since this is a very bad situation. 2 0 To do so, you use the Grbl status immediate command ? GitHub is home to over 50 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our I wanted to start a thread to discuss how homing cycles should work and be invoked. This should be the correct cartesian coordinate setup. Since I have limit switches at both ends of every axis, I can set things up either way.Doubly weird, a g28 x0 should move your x axis to where it thinks x0 is first, then perform the homing cycle. (I think).Oddly, if I issue a home cmd g28 x0, it homes all the axis.Also, the behavior is, as best I can tell, the same irrespective of the state of $12.Didn't know that about the pull up's good to know :DI'm not super knowledgeable so it could definitely be my mistake. $0=10 #ifdef DEFAULTS_RAMPS_BOARD In general, soft limit should be ok - but since I'm still fiddling with my machine, from time to time there are some unexpected situations.This could be another good reason to move to esp32 :)Successfully merging a pull request may close this issue.I have just completed a 2020 based router with conventional moving bed, and I haven't done anything to it yet.

In terms of Grbl, we can have do something similar directly in the gcode parser (rather than live step tracking) and monitor motions in the workspace volume, provided that homing has been done, and then error out, feedhold, and report if there is a problem.

Z was the first axis to pull-off so I hit reset when I saw it happening, not sure how X or Y would have behaved. $11=0.020 I expect to be modding the home code to square the axis against two independent home switches.I'm new at GitHub; I just made a fork to work on but I'm wondering whether I should pull in some homing code from somebody else's work.In limits.c, there is already a starter homing cycle program in place, but it need a little work. Is it worth the trouble?I personally dislike how slow the homing cycle is, if you think you canDoes anyone have any issue with performing homing cycles one axis at aThe reason I ask is that I think I can simplify the whole homing cycleThe most recent push ties the homing speed to seek and feed rates. raise a pull request for it if that is ok.On Tue, Sep 24, 2019, 6:01 PM Britt, ***@***. address also (I have the pieces for an 2020 extrusion based router will

00000000 00000000 00000000 Just know if I do this, you all will need to update your work coordinates, because the stored offsets are referenced from the original position rather than the new shifted post-pull off position.Successfully merging a pull request may close this issue. I use the makerbot style switches which have a built in lowpass filter and I thought that this is perhaps because I've disabled Z - Currently my settings are:I was testing with my Z axis, and with $18 being the 1.000 default value when it homes the Z axis it then pushed into the limit switch further the distance of the homing pull-off. 1 1 6.9930

This is different than EMC and doesn't appear to be as flexible:The requirements for how you actually do homing varies based on the machine and application, but here's what I've been playing with. HomingThe Ctrl-X reset works great after the limit switch has been tripped!I now seem to be having an issue where every command seems to move theThank you for the description.

-0.1000 This could cause more problems than they solve.Might want to make this an option for those who need every last mm. $31=0

I propose that we can enable/disable homing and limits in settings. :)Once it finds the home position, it sets that as 0,0,0, correct?Yes.

It's more my fault of not writing up instructions on the wiki, as I push new features.