I must admit I’d have a long way to go, as I’m not sure I fully understand what you mean with the 2 channels : my first “guess” is that it would relate to channels to be created by clicking on the Broker Thing (creating one for the Out and on for the In directions, but I feel confused by vocabulary as “publish” sounds to me “To” MQTT and not “In”… so Im afraid I’ll have to read many things before fully understanding… and unfortunately I consider Openhab more complex to understand than Domoticz for instance. Attention for the ESP8266, it is necessary to install the SDK Espressif, the Chinese company that develops micro-controllers. That is why you have to setup that mqtt binding.The name format does only affect the name on openhab. Now, we can read the temperature on a particular probe at any time, for the outside temperature, this will give for exampleThe DallasTemperature bookseller offers other useful methods here. It’s up to us to do it manually. Want to try Google Home as myopenhab have support for it.If it’s possible, how do I setup that? It really helped me getting started with DS18B20.In my view this is a project that is worth considering………Your comments will be greatly appreciatedSo far you are doing a great work..thank you for sharing itSure, i hope you can wait few days, just the time i make enough tests. Now I have a doubt :O. I had to switch GND and power and then it worked fine. Each probe has a unique 8-bit identifier. It is very easy to send an email to indicate that a probe is defective. (please look at my attached image from previous comment, datasheet You linked and compare it with first schema in this post)Please correct that schema. Here, we will define an inner (Inside) and outer (Outside) probe. For more details, read this previous article or this one to do the same thing with Jeedom.Start by going to the Domoticz server to create two virtual devices of the temperature type and get the Idx of each probe. Uncheck the “Now that each temperature sensor is identified, we will use the DallasTemperature library that adds some very useful methods for managing DS18B20 sensors. It's not as powerful as LUA and the other types of scripting that can also be used but an easy start This is how a script could look. It is a DeviceAdress variable that expects an array of hexadecimal valuesIn the setup loop, the sensors.begin () method is used to start the communication with the probes. The displayed name can be different.That expression is a regex expression to filter messages with only that idx.Thanks a lot for your explanations. Follow Maybe someone has already found the solution, visit
Reports to the MQTT broker are sent with retain set to True. It will report it to the MQTT server if the difference is > 1 since last reported value. The longer the cabling, the more rigorous it will be to supply the power and the de-interference of the signal.For this tutorial, the DS18B20 is plugged into pin 4 of the ESP8266. mqttBroker is what I configured the mqtt-connection to be called in mqtt binding.I’m very interested in this approach and tried it, but I can’t make it work…-> Another question is how to understand naming strategy :Where should I setup “idx123” ? In any case, I did not observe any heating of my sensors. Red is used for power, black for GND as usual. Now, I try with another ESP8266 with the same code, but then it goes wrong. Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.

Kürzlich kam die Idee auf, dass es doch möglich sein muss, drahtlose Sensoren die auf 433 MHz senden die Daten direkt in Klartext auszulesen. First you need to have set up your system with some sensors, switches and such. Voltage isn’t the problem and Yes, looking at datasheet I can confirm that it should work with 3.3V.Oh yes, excuse me Misui. It’s a one way device, so the name is not important. If you have other needs, do not hesitate to ask me in the comments.For this tutorial, I adapted the Arduino code that came with the Arduino OneWire and DallasTemperature libraries. Currently I have a mosquitto Broker running on a Raspberry Pi, and a ESP8266 with your sample code. Follow Attention for the ESP8266, it is necessary to install the SDK Espressif, the Chinese company that develops micro-controllers. It is possible to add “hot” sensors without having to restart the program.Open the Arduino IDE, create a new sketch and paste the code above. All that remains is to send the data to a home automation server. I hope I’ll face less issues with the next steps. Here is a small scanner that retrieves the addresses of DS18B20 probes. Wikipedia. Unfortunately, it is never indicated on the packaging. You can’t charge temperature. The first item in the file from Ankan starts with “idx123”, but not the second line (for outdoortemperature), so I feel lost : does it mean that naming system is constrained (with need to use idx+number) only for devices subject to “2 ways updates” (ie from domoticz to openhabian and from openhabian to domoticz) ?-> also, as I like understanding (at least trying), could someone explain to me the syntax of the jsonpath:-> Last but not least : despite this work was done using MQTT Binding 1.x, do you think it will work with the new MQTT Binding 2 for openhab 2.4 ?I’d highly appreciate if anyone could help me. I have a full working Domoticz solution with RFLink with light switches and temperature sensors, Life 360 and Gigaset Elements running on a RPi.I would like to test OpenHAB to see if it’s something for me and wondering if I can sync Domoticz with OpenHAB via MQTT to see what it looks like and how it works. Your way of using Domoticz is a viable approach.Don’t miss the new projects and tutorials! Yes I looked but as you can see on the technical documentation In datasheet You attached GND is far left pin, but in Your schema GND is far right pin. Or in openhabian, but then I don’t understand where to define that… Are they created and named automatically thanks to the .items file suggested by Ankan ? Specify the pin to which the One-Wire data bus is attached using the The DallasTemperature library is expecting a OneWire object that is attached to the ESP32 (or Arduino) pin. You have been several to contact me to ask me an example using several DS18B20 sensors and how to publish the measurements on a home automation server.