Home; Sheet Music; Help; View Cart; We Wish You a Merry Christmas. Chords used are G, C, D7, Em, D, and Am7.“I Saw Three Ships” is another English traditional carol.The earliest known printed versions are from the 1600’s.This is another easy progression to learn/play on the uke.The lyrics for “It Came Upon a Midnight Clear” were written in 1849 by Edmund Sears, a pastor of the Unitarian Church.The lyrics were then adapted to song by Richard Storrs Willis in 1850.“Jingle Bells” was written by James Lord Pierpont in 1857.

You’ve probably heard this one before, and you might already have the words memorized. “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” – Key of C MajorIs the Ukulele a Good Instrument for Playing Christmas Carols?4. “Joy to the World” (Traditional) 3 chords – A, D, G. Click for chords. If a purchase is made through one of these links, a commission may be earned.4. Difficulty: intermediate. Chords include G, Em, Am, D, C, and D7.“Deck the Halls” was written in 1862 by Thomas Oliphant, a Scottish musician. With just a little more practicing, you can add in a bit of finger picking or change up the strum pattern to make this Christmastime favorite even more festive.Although “Hark! The good news is that the chords are simple, the melody is slow, and once you learn the pattern, you’ll love the way this hauntingly beautiful song sounds.“Do You Hear what I Hear” was written as a song for peace. View official tab. What a very nice song :) Advance Merry Christmas EveryoneAnother really good song.Thanks for the time and effort you've put in , to give us these enjoyable tunes to play. It’s a song that almost everyone recognizes, and one that’s very easy to sing along to. Uses the chords G, D, D7, E7, Am, D7, and C.“Auld Lang Syne” was written by the famous Scottish poet Robert Burns in 1788 to the melody of a traditional folk song.The literal translation of “Auld Lang Syne” from Scots to English is “Old Long Since”, which idiomatically would translate to “days gone by” or a similar nostalgic expression of the past.It’s commonly played at New Year celebrations in the Anglosphere.“Away in a Manger” was written in the late 1800’s by an unknown person. “We Wish You a Merry Christmas” – Key of G Major27. Your donations all go back into the site to allow me to keep bringing you reviews, and in the end the ukuleles acquired are given to local schools and charities.

Later it was adapted to a Felix Mendelssohn melody by Charles Wesley and George Whitefield.It’s in the key of G major. With Christmas getting ever closer I thought it was time to add some more ukulele Christmas songs to the list. Start slowly and practice your chord changes.

This very simple version can be played slow and easy, filled in with your vocals, and made your own.Start by strumming, and then add in some fingerpicking if you’d like to make this easy Christmas song sound a little more impressive!

“We Three Kings of Orient Are” – Key of A Minor25. It also includes a melody portion in the middle.The Ukulele used appears to be a tenor tuned to high G, GCEA tuning.This video is a more traditional ukulele tutorial style.The strumming pattern used in DD UU DU or down-down, up-up, down-up.The ukulele in the video is tuned to high G, GCEA tuning.This video is also in the ukulele play-along style.The ukulele in the video is a soprano tuned to GCEA, high G tuning.With its bright, cheery sound, and fun, lighthearted style, I believe the ukulele is an excellent instrument for the joyous Christmas season.Because the instrument is relatively easy to learn, you can also spend some holiday time teaching your family and/or friends to play, and then you can strum and sing the carols together.Ukuleles can also make great gifts as they are relatively inexpensive and can be enjoyed by pretty much anyone.Ukulele tabs meant for re-entrant tuning (high G) generally only use the bottom three strings for plucking out melodies.This is because the G (top) string is very close to in pitch to the A and E strings, and so including it in the tab usually unecessary.Now for other styles of ukulele playing (finger-style, claw-hammer, etc. View official tab. View official tab. “We Three Kings of Orient Are” – Key of A Minor25. This one is Merry Christmas Everyone by Shakin' Stevens (My US readers may be confused by this - video at the end to explain!) Was this info helpful? But if I do I want to keep them as authentic as possible.This website may contain affiliate links. It was written sometime during or before the 1500’s, but the earliest known published version is from 1760.Key of G minor. Chords include F, Am7, Gm7, C7, Bb, Bbm, Dm7, G7, C7, Dm, and Gm. It was first translated into English in the 1700’s.In the Key of G major. Have fun – this one is a favorite for holiday singalongs!After you learn how to play “Joy to the World” on the ukulele using A, D, and G, you’ll be able to sing along. Chords are Am, C, D7, G, Em, Am, Fmaj7, Am7, E, and F.This is the first song in the collection in D major.In case you didn’t find the song/carol you were looking for in the above sheets, here are some video tutorials for playing Christmas carols on the ukulele.This video is made in the play-along style showing the chord names on the bottom and the chord shapes on the left. Author Unregistered. ), the top string is often used, even in re-entrant tuning.Hi all, I have just bought a George Formby Melody uke, I think I need to replace the tuning pegs, as it can’t keep the region to keep in turn.Is there any maintenance of Can do to try and fix it, or do I need to by new tuning pegs? “Hark!

3,493 views, added to favorites 307 times. Piano is her first love but you can find her strumming mandolins, ukuleles, and the occasional guitar just for fun. 44,276 views, added to favorites 640 times. “While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks By Night” – Key of D Major29. Patreon pledges, large or small, all help keep this site going!! Start slowly and gradually pick up speed until you achieve your desired tempo!Just about everyone knows “Jingle Bells,” making this familiar tune a great one to play at holiday gatherings. No worries if it’s new to you: Even though some of the lyrics are in Spanish, there are only a few phrases to remember and the pronunciation is simple. It takes a while to sing all the lyrics, but the tune is a very simple one that feels like second nature once you’ve repeated it several times.You’ll have fun with this song whether you sing “O Tanenbaum” in German the traditional way or opt for lyrics in English! Yes No.